Re: Monitors requiring interlaced video modes with older Nvidia video cards are out of options in wheezy

On Du, 24 apr 11, 16:19:05, Stephen Powell wrote:

> But that brings up another issue, which is reporting bugs upstream.
> The official Debian policy is "Don't report bugs upstream".  I quote from
> http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting:
>
>    Don't file bugs upstream
>
>    If you file a bug in Debian, don't send a copy to the upstream software
>    maintainers yourself, as it is possible that the bug exists only in Debian.
>    If necessary, the maintainer of the package will forward the bug upstream.
>
> But if the bug is clearly in upstream code, and the maintainer is ignoring
> the bug report, what else can one do?

I dare say you in particulara are not the intended audience for that
documentation. As far as I can tell you are more than qualified to judge
if the bug is upstream or not, just don't forget to 'forward' the Debian
bug and tag 'upstream'.

Regards,
Andrei