Re: Issue writing image to disk via dd

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011, at 10:09:58 +0200, Klistvud wrote:
> It would seem we're finally getting somewhere. This should be fairly
> easy to test, namely: performing dd on an *unmounted* (not live)
> system and seeing if it finally works.

Yes, I tried this yesterday. Using dd to write the image to sdb which
was an unmounted/empty disk worked properly.

So the problem only happens when overwriting the live system in either
Etch or Squeeze. Lenny works exactly as expected so I guess I could try
upgrading the remote server from Etch to Lenny and then do it, but it
still seems odd that it would not work in Etch, work in Lenny, and then
not work again in Squeeze.

Thanks,

-Mark