Re: file systems

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 13:52, Chris Brennan <xaero@xaerolimit.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 4:50 PM, Doug <dmcgarrett@optonline.net> wrote:
>>
>> If it makes any difference to you, I _think_ that there's a windows
>> program that will read ext3; I know it will
>> read ext2.  I haven't heard of one that reads ext4.  If you don't care
>> about windows, ext4 seems to work fine.
>> (You can read the windows directories from Linux and even cop;y to them,
>> just not the other way around.)
>
> Linux Support for NTFS writing, while supported, is still dangerous ... I've
> trashed or had trashed more then one NTFS partition just from a simple copy
> to that partition.

Interesting, I haven't had ntfs-3g eat a FS in...ever, actually. I know I had
troubles one of the earlier implementations, losing data or at least a chkdsk
being forced. I sometimes have a Windows partition, and sometimes format
USB sticks that way (need to try to get UDF working again...), and I don't
even spare a thought for the possibility of corruption.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers