Re: file systems

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 4:50 PM, Doug <dmcgarrett@optonline.net> wrote:
If it makes any difference to you, I _think_ that there's a windows program that will read ext3; I know it will
read ext2.  I haven't heard of one that reads ext4.  If you don't care about windows, ext4 seems to work fine.
(You can read the windows directories from Linux and even cop;y to them, just not the other way around.)

Linux Support for NTFS writing, while supported, is still dangerous ... I've trashed or had trashed more then one NTFS partition just from a simple copy to that partition.