Re: changing my e-mail address

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 09:25 +0200, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
> hi,
> I want to change the address used for my subscription to this list.
> On other lists, there is generally an option  to modify the e-mail address
> used for subscribing, but I didn't find that for debian lists.
> Otherwise, I can of course unsubscribe, and subscribe with the new one

Weird thread ... :)

Unfortunately you can't change your email address and the only way to achieve
what you want is to subscribe and unsubscribe (yes, in that order or you will
lose mail - filtering duplicates is easy).

The question is therefore: "How to mass subscribe/unsubscribe easily?"

    * Mass (un)subscribe pages [1]

    * Mail to majordomo@lists.debian.org
      Instructions can be found on [2] about the relevant commands. I find
      this method to be the most easy/fast one.

You will still have to send a bunch of confirmation back and forth. I hope
this helps and you will succeed in changing your email address.