Re: changing my e-mail address

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 08:34:47PM +0100, Jonathan Matthews wrote:
> On 16 April 2011 18:39, Pierre Frenkiel <pierre.frenkiel@laposte.net> wrote:
> > On Sat, 16 Apr 2011, Lisi wrote:

> >> with a subject of "unsubscribe". </quote>
> >>
> >> Have you tried this?  You don't mention it.
> >
> >  And did you read my post?
> >  The question was not
> >     "how to unsubcribe?",
> >     but
> >     "how to modify my address without doing unsubscribe/subscribe?"
>
> What difference do you think there is between those 2 operations?
> Hint: none at all.

I can see one difference between the two; modifying the address should,
on the face of it, be atomic, That is, on a busy mailing-list such as
-user, modifying ones address should result in no missed posts. But
unsubscribing/resubscribing would mean that posts sent in between the
two events would not be received.