Re: changing my e-mail address

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011, Freeman wrote:

Nice skit but there is misinformation in the "what if." The Debian list page
has a form for unsubscribing/subscribing multiple lists.  Confirming a
subscription/unsubscription is a one-click proportion and would be
necessary for a address change function too, were there one.

  did you check that? I did it, i.e subscribing for 11 lists:
  - I needed not 1 click, but 12
  - after that, I received 11 "confirm" mail requests
  - after that, I received 22 acknowledgment mails
  !!!
  which makes, for subscribe/unsubscribe: 24 clicks, 11 replying mails,
  and 66 received mails.

  to compare with Ubuntu, or Firefox

Changing your support-firefox membership information You can change the
address that you are subscribed to the mailing list with by entering
the new address in the fields below. Note that a confirmation email will
be sent to the new address, and the change must be confirmed before it
is processed.

Confirmations time out after about 3 days.

You can also optionally set or change your real name (i.e. John Smith).

If you want to make the membership changes for all the lists that you are subscribed to at lists.mozilla.org, turn on the Change globally check box.

New address:

Again to confirm:

--