Re: changing my e-mail address

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 10:25:35AM +0200, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Apr 2011, Freeman wrote:
>
> >Nice skit but there is misinformation in the "what if." The Debian list page
> >has a form for unsubscribing/subscribing multiple lists.  Confirming a
> >subscription/unsubscription is a one-click proportion and would be
> >necessary for a address change function too, were there one.
>
>   did you check that? I did it, i.e subscribing for 11 lists:
>   - I needed not 1 click, but 12
>   - after that, I received 11 "confirm" mail requests
>   - after that, I received 22 acknowledgment mails
>   !!!
>   which makes, for subscribe/unsubscribe: 24 clicks, 11 replying mails,
>   and 66 received mails.
>
>   to compare with Ubuntu, or Firefox
>
> Changing your support-firefox membership information You can change the
> address that you are subscribed to the mailing list with by entering
> the new address in the fields below. Note that a confirmation email will
> be sent to the new address, and the change must be confirmed before it
> is processed.
>
> Confirmations time out after about 3 days.
>
> You can also optionally set or change your real name (i.e. John Smith).
>
> If you want to make the membership changes for all the lists that you are subscribed to at lists.mozilla.org, turn on the Change globally check box.
>                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OK, looks like I am unfamiliar with subscribing to multiple lists on a
contemporary list server other than list.debian.org.

Stuck in the past. Still am delighted with Smartlist. Content with 11
confirmation replies.  Even feel assured by the meticulous 22
acknowledgements.  What can I say.

--
Regards,
Freeman

"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the
answer." --Somebody