Re: Ubuntu Versions (was: Re: Let's say you never want to upgrade from Lenny...)

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 3:00 PM, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
<bss@iguanasuicide.net> wrote:

> Someone that doesn't necessarily want to upgrade on Debian's schedule.  With
> Ubuntu, you can get 5 years, as opposed to Debian's ~3 years.  With SLE* you
> can get 10 years.  I'm not sure about RHEL, but I think it is roughly a SLE*
> timeframe.

You can get 10 years with RHEL but 7 is standard.

The first 4 have "full" support.

The 5th hardware support is lessened.

The 6th and 7th there are only updates for important security problems
and bugs and there are no more SPs.