Re: mouse speed too fast [Solved, sort of]

Tyler Smith <tyler.smith@eku.edu> writes:

> I did have a xorg.conf, but I made a new one with Xorg -configure, and
> modified the mouse section to read:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
> 	Identifier  "Mouse0"
> 	Driver      "mouse"
> 	Option	    "Protocol" "auto"
> 	Option	    "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
> 	Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
> 	Option      "ConstantDeceleration" "2"
> EndSection

I found some references to xinput, so I installed that and after some
tinkering, the following line worked to slow my mouse down to an
acceptable speed for selecting small sections of text:

xinput set-prop "Evoluent VerticalMouse 4" \
"Device Accel Constant Deceleration" 8

I can't yet get it to speed up again to cross the screen at a higher
speed, but I think I'm finally on the right track.

Thanks,

Tyler