Re: mouse speed too fast

On 04/03/2011 05:58 PM, Tyler Smith wrote:
Hi,

I'm using Debian testing with Fluxbox for my window manager. I've just
bought a new optical mouse, and it's so sensitive that it's very
difficult to select small bits of text.

I've tried using xset to change the sensitivity, but I have only
succeeded in making it even faster (for instance, using xset m 10 0). My
attempts to slow the mouse down (xset m 1/100 100, xset m 1/1000 100
etc.) have not produced a mouse that is slow enough for easy use. Is
there something else I can do to slow the mouse down, or some other
incantation of xset that might persuade X that I want a _really_ slow
mouse?

http://www.x.org/wiki/Development/Documentation/PointerAcceleration

Pay attention especially to ConstantDeceleration if regular options don't help much.