Re: mounting multipath volumes with /etc/fstab

Le vendredi 01 avril, mikie mike écrivit :

> On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 10:10 AM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
>
> >> Could you please tell me why device-mapper can't "get device done"?
> > Don't know the answer to that, but what if you add a label to the file
> > system with the appropriate tool and then in your fstab have an entry like:
> > LABEL=REALLY_BIG_FS    /backup   ext4  defaults  blah blah
>
> I don't remember if I already tried this one but I'm afraid it could
> be mounted out of multipath then.
>
> > It occurs to me, though, that the problem might be that multipath isn't
> > completely running when the boot process reads /etc/fstab.
>
> Seems likely.
>
> Anyone could confirm or maybe recommend any solution to e.g. postpone
> mounting until multipath gets loaded?
> Or may be solution I chose ("manually" mounting via /etc/rc.local) is
> just right?

Perhaps using the _netdev mount option in fstab ?

The other solution is by installing the multipath-tools-boot package,
which activate all multupathing stuff in initramfs (beware to regenarate
it if you modifiy your /etc/multipath.conf file).
=> I sugest you to rename your multipath devices with the alias option
in multipath.conf, and use that name in fstab, more stable name.