Re: OpenOffice.org - how to install additional languages?

On Friday 01 April 2011 16:02:53 Camaleón wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Apr 2011 16:48:25 +0200, Klistvud wrote:
> > Dne, 01. 04. 2011 16:40:37 je Camaleón napisal(a):
> >> Check your "thesaurus" packages (dpkg -l | grep -i thesaurus) and look
> >> for the OOo's italian one ("-i10n" packages are mostly for the UI -
> >> localization-).
> >
> > ii  libmythes-1.2-0
> > 2:1.2.1-1                         simple thesaurus library ii
> > openoffice.org-thesaurus-en-us
> > 1:3.2.1-2                         English Thesaurus for OpenOffice.org
> > ii  openoffice.org-thesaurus-it
> > 2.0.7.gh.deb1-1.1                 Italian Thesaurus for OpenOffice.org 2
> >
> > It's installed, apparenly...
>
> How weird :-?
>
> Well, if we attend to this notice:
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Dictionaries
>
> "(...)	IMPORTANT NOTE: From OpenOffice.org 3.0 on the dictionary wizard
> is no longer available -- All new dictionaries are now available via the
> Extensions Repository."
>
> You may try the extension (as suggested) and check if that works:
>
> http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/Dict_it_IT
>
> Greetings,
>
> --
> Camaleón

And what about English English??  Surely a reasonable concept, but:

Dutch	Nederlands	Dutch spelling and hyphenation Dictionary
Engligh	English	Chemistry Dictionary
English		English dictionaries with fixed dash handling and new ligature and
phonetic suggestion support
English (Australian)	English (Australian)	English Australian Dictionary
English (Canadian)	English (Canadian)	Canadian English Spell Checking,
Hyphenation and Thesaurus
English (New Zealand)	English (New Zealand)	English New Zealand Dictionary
English (South African)	English (South African)	South African English spell
checking dictionary
English (US)	English (US)	US English Spell Checking Dictionary
Esperanto	Esperanto	Esperantilo - spell check, grammar checker and thesaurus
for Esperanto language

(Lines before and after shown to illustrate that I have not simply omitted it.
It actually belongs between Canada and New Zealand.)

When is English English going to get a look in??  I work in OOo without a
spell checker because I am so fed up with being told that honor is right and
honour is wrong, fantasize is right and fantasise is wrong.  Etc.  And I like
to use a spell checker because I am a lousy typist and an even worse
proof-reader.

My lovely Kmail spell checker just tried to correct honor and fantasize!!

US, OK.  I don't like it, but they are numerous.  But Australian, Canadian,
New Zealand and South Africa get a mention and we don't.  It is called
English. Surely the English English should get a look in??

Lisi