Re: mounting multipath volumes with /etc/fstab

On 04/01/2011 02:52 AM, mikie mike wrote:
Hi,

I would like to mount multipath volumes with /etc/fstab.
I have storage attached to my Debian server with redundant paths.
There are 3 volumes and 2 possible paths to each.

[snip]

Finally I took a work around method and I mount it by an entry in /etc/rc.local:

mount /dev/mapper/3600c0ff00010b3e0a1e32d4d02000000-part1 /backup

which actually works but I would rather do it by /etc/fstab, tho.

Could you please tell me why device-mapper can't "get device done"?

Don't know the answer to that, but what if you add a label to the file system with the appropriate tool and then in your fstab have an entry like:
LABEL=REALLY_BIG_FS    /backup   ext4  defaults  blah blah

It occurs to me, though, that the problem might be that multipath isn't completely running when the boot process reads /etc/fstab.

corrupt."