Re: mounting multipath volumes with /etc/fstab

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 10:10 AM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

>> Could you please tell me why device-mapper can't "get device done"?
> Don't know the answer to that, but what if you add a label to the file
> system with the appropriate tool and then in your fstab have an entry like:
> LABEL=REALLY_BIG_FS    /backup   ext4  defaults  blah blah

I don't remember if I already tried this one but I'm afraid it could
be mounted out of multipath then.

> It occurs to me, though, that the problem might be that multipath isn't
> completely running when the boot process reads /etc/fstab.

Seems likely.

Anyone could confirm or maybe recommend any solution to e.g. postpone
mounting until multipath gets loaded?
Or may be solution I chose ("manually" mounting via /etc/rc.local) is
just right?

Thanks Ron.