Re: About to order motherboard Asus M4A78LT-M - any known issues?

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 20:50:23 +0200
Klistvud <quotations@aliceadsl.fr> wrote:

Hello Klistvud,

> Thanx for your input. It's not *that* new, but then again, neither is

YW.

> the Squeeze kernel ... ;P

:-)

> Yep, the network card(s) issue does seem to pop up from time to time,
> even on this very list. Oh well, I'll do without the integrated
> network card for a while if that should be the case. It's the video
> subsystem and the proprietary drivers that really worry me... ;D

When I got my mobo, even the VESA driver would only run the GFX chipset
at something like 800 x 600.  It does much better these days, correctly
identifying the screen resolution as 1680 x 1050.  X.org is constantly
improving.

IDK much about the ATI drivers, other than they're closed source.  I
think that they cause fewer problems than the nVidia ones, though.  At
least, I don't recall seeing as many people asking for help installing
them and getting them working as people do for the nVidia stuff.  Mind
you, that could just be because I use nVidia and notice the calls for
help with them more.

--
 Regards  _
Only the wounded remain, the generals have all left the game