Re: About to order motherboard Asus M4A78LT-M - any known issues?

Dne, 31. 03. 2011 19:26:43 je Brad Rogers napisal(a):
On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 14:35:32 +0200
Klistvud <quotations@aliceadsl.fr> wrote:

Hello Klistvud,

> I'm about to order a system with Asus M4A78LT-M

I don't know how long that mobo has been around but if it's a new model there /might/ be issues with some of the hardware not being recognised.

Thanx for your input. It's not *that* new, but then again, neither is the Squeeze kernel ... ;P

For example, when I bought my current machine, the on board network
adaptor was not recognised, nor was the graphics card's chip set. It was several months before I could get the machine connected to the internet using the mobo network device. It was nearly a year before the GFX card
chip set was recognised correctly.

Neither problem was a show stopper for me, but it might be a big deal to
some people.

Yep, the network card(s) issue does seem to pop up from time to time, even on this very list. Oh well, I'll do without the integrated network card for a while if that should be the case. It's the video subsystem and the proprietary drivers that really worry me... ;D

---
Cheerio,

Klistvud http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to me.