Re: About to order motherboard Asus M4A78LT-M - any known issues?

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 19:16:17 +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 13:46:10 -0400 shawn wilson  wrote:
>
>> heh, yeah, a quick google for ya:
>> http://kmuto.jp/debian/hcl/ASUS/M4A78LT-M/
>>
>> .... you might want to rethink that board :)
>
> I didn't know about that site.  Looks useful.  OTOH, it lists my board
> like this;
>
> http://kmuto.jp/debian/hcl/ASUS/M3N78+PRO
>
> A bit lacking in info, as I know that board works.
>
> So, it's not exactly up to date with the info it has.  I'm using
> Testing, and have been ever since I came to Debian some five years ago.

You can add/expand the information.

Just follow the instructions: go here¹, run "lspci -n", check if your
devices are already in the db and add any comment for your motherboard
model using the form at the bottom (for instance, "it works out-of-the-
box with "lenny|squeeze|testing..." or "embedded video card not detected,
needs a recent kernel").

¹ http://kmuto.jp/debian/hcl/

Greetings,

--