Re: Console news aggregator: snownews with atom2rss

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 14:27, Freeman <hewho7@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 02:02:51PM -1000, Joel Roth wrote:
>>
>> I'm having trouble getting snownews to accept an atom feed.
>> I found an atom-to-rss converter here:
>>
>> http://kiza.kcore.de/software/snownews/snowscripts/extensions/script/atom2rss/
>>
>> Here is test code for a filter:
>>
>>      curl http://blogs.perl.org/atom.xml | xsltproc ~/.snownews/atom2rss.xml -
>>
>> This gives me an RDF document (see below, items pruned to one)
>>
>> Now I try to do this in snownews entry for the URL using
>> the 'e' command. Re-reading the feed with 'r' shows nothing,
>> although there's a delay that suggests content was
>> downloaded, if nothing else.
>>

> It has been years and I only have one atom feed left

Left? I have more Atom feeds than ever. And if you add in those weird
RSS+Atom feeds that feedburner and other produce, I hardly have any
RSS feeds left (thank goodness).

> I won't be switching from snownews till I have to pry my cold dead fingers
> off of it.

Why is that? I never used it, but I use Newsbeuter, and they seem pretty
comparable.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers