Re: broken shell script with dash

Hi,

Thilo Six wrote:
Michael P. Soulier wrote the following on 28.03.2011 16:10

cat /etc/aliases.{1,2} > /etc/aliases

$ ./checkbashisms fooo.sh
possible bashism in fooo.sh line 2 (brace expansion):
cat /etc/aliases.{1,2} > /etc/aliases

checkbashisms is in devscripts but i would not advocate to install the hole
beast. Just download the .deb and extract it.

Why, we are not running on zx80, trs-80, apple ][, vic20 or anything like that these days; disk is cheap and a few extra MBs isn't going to hurt anything today.

The WHOLE package is worth how many bytes? The installed size for the squeeze version is under 2MB, unless you need the ia64 version which is closer to 4MB [1]. What's the big deal? I don't think it's worth the effort of extracting it from the .deb file. Heck, I'm not even so sure this email is worth the effort ;-)

[1] http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/devscripts

--
Kind Regards
AndrewM