Re: Console news aggregator: snownews with atom2rss

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 02:02:51PM -1000, Joel Roth wrote:

> I'm having trouble getting snownews to accept an atom feed.
> I found an atom-to-rss converter here:
>
> http://kiza.kcore.de/software/snownews/snowscripts/extensions/script/atom2rss/
>
> Here is test code for a filter:
>
>      curl http://blogs.perl.org/atom.xml | xsltproc ~/.snownews/atom2rss.xml -
>
> This gives me an RDF document (see below, items pruned to one)
>
> Now I try to do this in snownews entry for the URL using
> the 'e' command. Re-reading the feed with 'r' shows nothing,
> although there's a delay that suggests content was
> downloaded, if nothing else.

It has been years and I only have one atom feed left (which hasn't had new
articles in a year since they changed to xml, as it turns out (how much I
read conservative blogs)).

My line in ~/.snownews/urls :

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/atom.xml||Blog|xsltproc /home/freeman/.snownews/xsltproc -

Also,

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/atom.xml||Blog|xsltproc

seems to work now although I don't think it did when I set it up.

I won't be switching from snownews till I have to pry my cold dead fingers
off of it.

--
Regards,
Freeman

"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the
answer." --Somebody