Re: iceweasel 4 on squeeze?

On 27/03/11 07:56, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 03/26/2011 07:18 AM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>> On 26/03/11 13:13, Ron Johnson wrote:
> [snip]
>>>
>>> Most probably.  A similar addon (Old Location Bar) makes FF3.x
>>> tolerable.
>>
>> Do you mean it puts location bar above tabs?
>>

> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/old-location-bar/
>
> "Causes Firefox 3's Location Bar "AwesomeBar" to look and act more like
> Firefox 2's old location bar."

That explains my confusion (failure to properly read your post) - I
'thought' it had something to do with Iceweasel/Firefox 4.... (I can't
even remember what 2x looked like). I note that the developer is
considering a version for Firefox 4x.

I was referring to the most obvious UI change between 3x and 4x - that
the tabs now appear above the location bar (which means the addons tab
obscures the location bar). Increasingly I like the new 4x ui - though I
suspect Google Chrome is quicker, but Iceweasel is my favourite because
I distrust the packagers less, and I like the addons. To be fair I
haven't really tried the latest Konqueror.
All I wait for now is Swiftfox 4 :-)

I've heard similar complaints from users about changes, which I
dismissed. I'll rethink that now and I shall bear your experience and
solutions in mind.

Cheers

--
Tuttle? His name's Buttle.