Re: iceweasel 4 on squeeze?

On 26/03/11 08:40, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 03/24/2011 08:41 PM, Scott Ferguson wrote:

I installed Firefox4 to ~/.firefox and Iceweasel4 to ~/.iceweasel4

I've no idea if that is correct, I just did it to keep multiple browsers
and versions available for my profile. Alternative solutions welcomed.

>>> A bunch of small stuff:
>>> - right clicking on a tab doesn't have "New Tab" anymore.
>> True. See the blue cross on the right-hand side of the tab? Clicking on
>> that will open a new tab. One click instead of two! :-)
> Muscle memory and habit.

I also wondered where the "open in new tab" went - till I watched a
small child do it! :-/

> Tabs and the search bar were the big UI advances in the history of
> Netscape & Mozilla.  The original (derived from Mosaic?) UI was darned
> good as it was.

Hang in there - I'm sure you're not the only one. It's just a matter of
time before someone comes up with a theme that makes the 4 ui  look like

My main motivation for moving to 4 was freedom from ffflash, and the
ability to build lighter netbooks.

> The Win98/2K (originally from Win95???) Start button is still a good
> motif.  Panels (originally from OSX?) and applets when *combined* with
> the Start menu make it even more useful.

I seem to remember a Start style button on my first PS/2 - long before
Windoof 3.... (IBM OS2/Win32)