Re: What happened to debian - does "stable" keep having any meaning?

Hello,

Jochen Schulz wrote:
> Geronimo:
> > From a closer look to dpkg.log - there has been updates of python and
> > grub uses python. Could this lead the different behaviour?
>
> Looking at your dpkg.log again, I notice that grub-pc has been purged
> and replaced by grub-legacy. Which version of grub are we talking about
> again? :)

As installation of grub-legacy resulted in an error - I purged that too and
reinstalled grub2, to continue testing.
 - so I don't and didn't loose a word about grub-legacy.

My boot drive currently has 3 primary partitions:
	1. Debian stable (my root fs)
	2. /boot for debian stable
	3. Ubuntu 10.10

calling grub-install from debian stable results in an unbootable machine,
calling grub-install from ubuntu results in a stable system, where I can boot
both ubuntu and debian.

regarding to tests 6.0 - download of dvd-1 completed, disk is beeing burned.
tbc ;)

kind regards

Gero