System becomes very slow after update to squeeze 6.0.1

Hi all,

My laptop is HP 6515b, AMD Turion 64x2 CPU, 2G memory with dual system,
Debian and windows XP. First time I installed Debian Lenny 5.0.4 amd64
on my laptop, DE is Gnome. Then upgrade to 5.0.6, then 6.0. Until 6.0 it
works very well. But recently after i updated to 6.0.1 the system
becomes very slow. I notice the process Xorg consume many CPU usage.
even i open a terminal window, it pop up very slow.today i fresh
installed my laptop,using netinst method
(debian-6.0.1a-amd64-netinst.iso).but after installed the system still
very slow, Xorg still consume many CPU. but windows XP runs normal, so i
think 6.0.1 has some problem. does anybody encountered this situation?

BTW,can i just install debian 6.0 not 6.0.1? i have 5.0.4 DVD and 6.0.1
netinst CD.

TIA

Jackie