Re: What happened to debian - does "stable" keep having any meaning?

Hello,

Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Lu, 21 mar 11, 20:28:51, Geronimo wrote:
> > Ok, the latter is attached (well - just half of the disks), the former
> > does not exists any more, cause I purged grub2
>
> Too bad, now we can't investigate what was wrong. Just for the archives,
> here's an excerpt from a working grub.cfg from a fresh squeeze install:

Ok, I attached a bunch of info files from my current grub2 setup, which is not
working.

I additionally added the grub.cfg from ubuntu, which is working.

Hope you can extract the info that leads to the bug.

---

I have a whish to the debian istaller disk. Find attached an image of the
current menue, where one should select a root partition in rescue mode.

This menue is quite useless, if you have an external controller, as device
names may change on every boot.

What about extending the menue, that it shows the same info as "cat
/proc/partitions" ?
The device name together with size information is good to identify the right
partion.
Adding the label of a partition would be extraordinary :)

kind regards

Gero