Re: German umlauts, never ending story

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 21:01:12 +0100, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:

>> Run "mount" without parameters to see what are the options applied to
>> these file systems.
>>

> Oh no, it is not from an external drive (like usb-drive), those files
> are in my ~/home, but were copied from an external drive some time ago.

Can you upload a sample file so we can make some tests on our side?

> But converting is not a problem for me (as I am experienced with the
> shell), but found no simple way, to convert the names, when I am in X.
> (using a shell in X like xterm or konsole does not count!)

I'm still not sure what is the main issue here, obviously is not in the
filename but in the file encoding. But opening an "iso-8859-1" file
should be a pretty straight-forward operation nowadays... so it could be
some sort of specific bug :-?

Are you seeing the same error when using a different file manager (i.e.,
with Dolphin and/or konqueror)?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón