Re: German umlauts, never ending story

Hello!
> Hum... I agree with Glenn, there shouldn't be any problem with KDE and
> umlauts or any other special character.
>
> Some questions:
>
> - Can you create a new odt file and name it as "müller.odt"?
Yes, this is possible.

> - Can you open it?

Yes, this is possible, too.
> - Can you then rename it?

Of course, this is also possible.

> If the error only happens with a concrete set of files that came for
> external sources (like FAT32 volumes, samba...) you can also try with
> "convmv" to make the conversion and see if that helps (make always a
> backup copy of the original files).
>
> Greetings,

You did not understand me correctly (or I did not tell it correctly). It is
not a problem for me, to change the missnamed file name in the shell, but I
found no way to change the filename in X (with a mouse or so).

Not everyone is able to use a shell!

And I mean NOT filenames with German umlauts, but filenames copied from a fat
or ntfs with German umlauts, where those umlauts are not shown correctly.

Regards

Hans