Re: Best network filesystem for a bleeding edge, pure linux environment?

On Mar 17, 2011 3:10 PM, "Celejar" <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to set up a network filesystem to share files between several
> linux systems (Debian & OpenWrt).  Judging from what I see on the list
> and elsewhere, NFS stills seems to be the standard, but I am aware that
> newer options are available, e.g. Coda and OpenAFS.  Since I don't need
> any legacy or non-linux support, should I try one of those, or just
> stick with NFS?

Well, if pnfs were stable, that would be the thing to use (it'll be stable about the same time as samba 4 and perl 6). As it is, I'd use nfs (add ddrd and krb for ha). However, if you get into the ha realm, you might be better with a proper san.