Re: Best network filesystem for a bleeding edge, pure linux environment?

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 16:50:36 -0400
shawn wilson <ag4ve.us@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 17, 2011 3:10 PM, "Celejar" <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to set up a network filesystem to share files between several
> > linux systems (Debian & OpenWrt).  Judging from what I see on the list
> > and elsewhere, NFS stills seems to be the standard, but I am aware that
> > newer options are available, e.g. Coda and OpenAFS.  Since I don't need
> > any legacy or non-linux support, should I try one of those, or just
> > stick with NFS?
> >

> Well, if pnfs were stable, that would be the thing to use (it'll be stable

> about the same time as samba 4 and perl 6). As it is, I'd use nfs (add ddrd

I can't figure out what ddrd is.

> and krb for ha). However, if you get into the ha realm, you might be better

If ha is High Availability, I really don't think that I need it.

> with a proper san.

I'm definitely not in SAN territory here - this is just a small,
personal project, with a budget to match.

Celejar