Re: software for create lock folder

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 18:09:09 +0000, AG wrote:

> On 17/03/11 17:02, Camaleón wrote:
>> On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 11:57:27 +0330, hamed hosseini wrote:
>>

>>> i want one softwate like Steganos Safe for create one file or folder
>>> to store file and lock it
>>>
>> I don't know about the full features of that application but to simple
>> encrypt a file or folder in GNOME you can right click over the selected
>> resource and click "Encrypt". You will need, of course, to generate the
>> PGP key to sign the folder and the corresponding passphrase to decrypt
>> it.
>>
> Hi Camaleón
>
> As always, you a reliable source of information :-)

Thanks :-)

> As a matter of interest, is the PGP key something that one can do inside
> the Gnome application or is it a separate process, akin to using PGP
> with emails, etc.?  The reason I ask is that the OP's question is a good
> one and I would like to understand a bit more about what is entailed
> before I launch into this hal-cocked and lock myself out.

In GNOME you can use Seahorse to manage the PGP keys (creation/deletion,
import/export and handling other user's keys). Once you have generated
your key, you can then use it for any purpose, like e-mail encryption or
signing. Seahorse will ask you for the passphrase whenever is required
(i.e., to decrypt a hard disk folder or to send an signed e-mail).

But I'm talking from memory, I know there exist such tool and what can do
but never used before.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón