Re: software for create lock folder

On 17/03/11 17:02, Camaleón wrote:
On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 11:57:27 +0330, hamed hosseini wrote:

i want one softwate like Steganos Safe for create one file or folder to
store file and lock it
I don't know about the full features of that application but to simple
encrypt a file or folder in GNOME you can right click over the selected
resource and click "Encrypt". You will need, of course, to generate the
PGP key to sign the folder and the corresponding passphrase to decrypt it.

Greetings,

Hi Camaleón

As always, you a reliable source of information :-)

As a matter of interest, is the PGP key something that one can do inside the Gnome application or is it a separate process, akin to using PGP with emails, etc.? The reason I ask is that the OP's question is a good one and I would like to understand a bit more about what is entailed before I launch into this hal-cocked and lock myself out.

Cheers

AG