Anybody else having delay issues with updating testing/ wheezy?

Hi

This may be a non-issue, but for the last two days whenever I have tried to update testing/ wheezy through either the update-manager or through aptitude safe-upgrade, apt(itude) takes forever to resolve itself. After having run the aptitude safe-upgrade command an hour ago, it is still processing with the following output:

Resolving dependencies ...
Open: 49036; closed: 38043; defer: 88; conflict: 45

The first two figures are continuing to change (which at least shows that it is working), so this is a "snapshot". Does this mean my system is borked or is this something upstream? Any ideas how I could ascertain this?

Thanks for any ideas.

AG