Re: What are your best practices for running Debian unstable?

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 12:32:47PM +0100, Aniruddha wrote:
> I've collected some best practices for running Debian unstable,  I'm
> curious to hear what other Debian unstable users do to minimize
> possible problems with running Debian unstable. My current list:
>
> * Install apt-listbugs
> * Install apt-listchanges
> * Check the ' Debian Weather'  before dist-upgrades (
> http://edos.debian.net/weather/ )
> * Check 'Upgrade Warnings' in the aptosid forums before dist-upgrades

I was a testing-mixed user but I followed squeeze into stable.

I used/use apt-move to keep a backup versions of every upgraded package.
Found it easier than Debian Snapshot because there is less search & verify
and no downloading.

--
Regards,
Freeman

"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the
answer." --Somebody