Re: [OT] US tax forms with acroread from debian-multimedia

On 03/09/2011 11:55 AM, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Camaleón wrote:
On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 10:10:55 -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

Camaleón wrote:

Has anyone filled out US taxforms with a pdf viewer?
Do you have any URI that we can test?

Yes, get form 1040 from here: http://www.irs.gov/ It's the first
PDF on
the top lefthand side. On my system clicking that downloads the
form and
opens acroread with it. You're supposed to be able to fill in any
of the
formfields.

Form 1040 can be filled fine with Evince (from lenny) but as I
never do online taxes tasks, I'm not sure if it's okay with just
filling the data and then print it or sending the file via e-mail
or by direct upload.

What error are you getting? You can't write in the fields at all?

No errors, just no ability to write into the form fields.

Works for me in Sid using Acroread 9.4.2-0.0 and IW 4.0b12.

--
I prefer banana-flavored energy bars made from tofu.