Re: [OT] US tax forms with acroread from debian-multimedia

On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 10:10:55 -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:

>>> Has anyone filled out US taxforms with a pdf viewer?
>>
>> Do you have any URI that we can test?
>>

> Yes, get form 1040 from here: http://www.irs.gov/ It's the first PDF on
> the top lefthand side. On my system clicking that downloads the form and
> opens acroread with it. You're supposed to be able to fill in any of the
> formfields.

Form 1040 can be filled fine with Evince (from lenny) but as I never do
online taxes tasks, I'm not sure if it's okay with just filling the data
and then print it or sending the file via e-mail or by direct upload.

What error are you getting? You can't write in the fields at all?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón