Re: Monitor blinks off in the middle of mouse/kbd activity

On 03/09/2011 10:28 AM, Roger Leigh wrote:
On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 10:05:30AM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:

I must wait 20ish minutes until it goes into sleep mode for it to
respond to a kbd press or mouse wiggle.

There's nothing in syslog or Xorg.0.log to

Attached is the contents of "dmesg | tail".  The difficulty with
blaming nouveau is that this started while I was still using the
nvidia driver.

Could it be that my (old) video card or not-so-old-but-cheap
monitor are on the fritz?

Your monitor blinks off in the middle of doing things, That's a
pain. What does the 20 mins have to do with it?

Get another card or monitor whichever is the cheapest and try again
if we can't blame nouveau. (You switched?)

Running GNOME?  If so, it could be #370692

No.  XFCE.

It's exactly the *opposite*, since it blinks off when I'm in the middle of doing something.

Try running xscreensaver under XFCE and see if it makes a difference.
Try "xset q" as shown in the bug report to see if this really is the
same issue.

--
I prefer banana-flavored energy bars made from tofu.