Re: [OT] US tax forms with acroread from debian-multimedia

On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 09:31:48 -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

> Last year I was able to fill out US taxforms with acroread 8.1.3.
>
> This year I run amd64 and installed acroread (version 9.4.2) from
> debian-multimedia but I cannot edit a single form although the document
> properties say "fillable".
>
> Has anyone filled out US taxforms with a pdf viewer?

Do you have any URI that we can test?

Acrobat Reader 9.4.2 is the latest version available (still no Acrobat X
for linux), but filling forms should not be a problem for Acrobat's app
unless the PDF form has any "specific" requirement on the client side.

If you have Okular or Evince also installed, it is worth a try to test
with these.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón