Re: Problem with Squeeze upgrade

On Sun, 06 Mar 2011 08:33:56 -0500 (EST), Mark Grieveson wrote:
> Then I rebooted, and proceeded to to "apt-get dist-upgrade".
> Here began the problems.

Hello, Mark.  I don't know if this is your problem, but it's
worth a try.  I have had fits in Squeeze due to the udisks daemon.
I'll mount a CD-ROM or floppy disk, and udisks will immediately
unmount it.  Or vice versa.  I recommend that you shutdown and
reboot, DO NOT LOGIN TO GNOME, switch to a text console via
Ctrl+Alt+F1, login on the text console as root, and with luck,
that pesky udisks daemon will not be running.  Then try your
upgrade.

Maybe that's what you did, and if so, then I'm barking up the
wrong tree.  But you don't want that pesky udisks daemon
running while doing CD mounts and umounts.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :