Re: Capital letters replaced with indian rupee font in openoffice.org in squeeze.

First two options did not help.
I added new user and from that user this problem was not there. Openoffice.org opened normal.
Then how to diagnose the problem?

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 4:22 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 04:03:57 +0530, L V Gandhi wrote:

(...)

>> Can you upload a snaphot (image) of your OpenOffice screen so we can
>> see the effect? You can upload the picture to www.picpaste.com and send
>> the link here.
>>
>> Ttwo more questions:
>>
>> 1/ Does the same happen with the rest of the applications or just with
>> OOo?
>>
>> 2/ Try to rename the OpenOffice folder of your user's profile to start
>> with an empty layout. OOo's profile should be under
>> "~/.openoffice.org2" or something similar, so you can just rename it to
>> "~/.openoffice.org2_original" and after that, lauch OOo. It will create
>> a new folder.

> It happens only in oo.

Okay.

> I have done as you said deleting the .openoffice org folder.

I did not say "deleting" but "renaming" (if you delete the folder, you
lose all your OOo customizations, layourts, templates...).

> After that also same problem.
> Picture url is as below.
> http://www.picpaste.com/openofficeproblem-tSjCLue2.png

Thanks!

Ugh... I see. I would try these steps:

1/ Open any OOo application and go to "Tools > Options > OOo.org > View"
and check/uncheck "[·] using system font" setting.

2/ Test with another system UI font (in GNOME this can be changed from
"System > Preferences > Appearance > Fonts").

3/ Just in case, create a new system user, open a session with it and see
if the same happens from here.

If none of these make any difference you can start thinking in opening a
bug report. Are you using OpenOffice or LibreOffice? :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón