Re: Capital letters replaced with indian rupee font in openoffice.org in squeeze.

On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 00:22:49 +0530, L V Gandhi wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 11:02 PM, Camaleón wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 22:12:32 +0530, L V Gandhi wrote:
>>
>> > All capital letters in menu, tabs, column numbers are replaced with
>> > Indian rupee font in my openoffice.org.  How to normalize it?
>>
>> You mean in the UI (user interface) or inside the document content?
>>
>> Which DE/window manager are you using, KDE, GNOME, another (which
>> one)...?

> Sorry for personal mail. Problem of gmail.

Gmail's webmail users have to care about that ;-)

> Thanks for the response. User interface like capital letters in menu,
> tab title, column heading numbers are replaced with rupee font in KDE.
> I also have gtk-qt-engine installed.

Can you upload a snaphot (image) of your OpenOffice screen so we can see
the effect? You can upload the picture to www.picpaste.com and send the
link here.

Ttwo more questions:

1/ Does the same happen with the rest of the applications or just with
OOo?

2/ Try to rename the OpenOffice folder of your user's profile to start
with an empty layout. OOo's profile should be under "~/.openoffice.org2"
or something similar, so you can just rename it to
"~/.openoffice.org2_original" and after that, lauch OOo. It will create a
new folder.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón