Re: Debian 6 uninstallable?

I too am having serious issues with the debian-6.0.0-* ISOs on an ASUS
AMD64 system, they don't boot past the initial screen with "ISOLINUX
4.02 debian-20101014 EHDD Copyright (C) 1994-2010 H. Peter Anvi et al"
and a flashing "_"

I tested with the AMD64 netinstall, the i386 netinstall and the dual
AMD64/i386 netinstall - all with the same result.

Initially I simply installed using debian-505-amd64-netinst.iso and upgraded.

Determined to get Squeeze installed directly, my second attempt
included using an external USB CDROM drive (which was successfully
used for my netbook's  Squeeze installation) which also fails as
above.

Trying the debian-live ISO images had the same results as the
netinstalls, BUT using the debian-live-6.0.0-amd64-gnome-desktop.img
HD/USB image worked fine!

My 2 cents on the issue,
George