Re: Best and most popular distros for the enterprise desktop

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 11:32, John A. Sullivan III
<jsullivan@opensourcedevel.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-03-01 at 11:23 +0200, Eero Volotinen wrote:
> That's what we first thought but it may not be what you expect.  We
> assumed that LTS meant that applications would be refreshed to the
> latest versions and new applications would be added.  If I recall
> correctly, that is not true.  LTS will patch bugs but will not introduce
> major applications updates or new applications.  Please correct me if I
> am wrong - John

Why would you assume that? Stable distros, like Debian and CentOS,
don't update to the latest featureset either.

But I am genuinely curious, disregarding the whole KDE mess: Other
than Open Office which distro-supplied packages are used in enterprise
environments where the latest and greatest is necessary? What features
or applications do you feel are missing in the older versions?

To answer my own question: annotations in Evince are a case.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com