Re: Debian stable vs. testing for Swift Linux (antiX derivative)

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 08:52:22PM -0600, Jason Hsu wrote:
> I recently started a new Linux distro called Swift Linux (www.swiftlinux.org).

I wonder if you ever considered creating a Debian Pure Blend instead of
a standalone distro.  http://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends

I think some advantages of Debian Pure Blends vs. standalone distro are:

1)  Users get "real Debian", with all the advantages of the Debian
infastructure (repos, online help, etc), but they get the setup and
package selection that you (the maintainer) want to have.

2)  You have less work to do (I think).  No maintaining your own repos.
You're not responsible for security updates, etc.

-Rob