Re: How long has your Lenny -> Squeeze upgrade taken?

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 7:33 AM, Mark <mamarcac@gmail.com> wrote:
Realizing this is dependent on computer specs, just curious what some of the people on this list have experienced for how much time it took to do the Lenny to Squeeze upgrade, (assuming a fully up-to-date Lenny system).

I downloaded the first DVD of Squeeze and set the deb-cdrom as the only entry in source.list to prevent the installation downloading package from network.  Then I upgraded my system according to chapter4 of the release notes.  It took about 3-4 hours to upgrade my system(include download/installing Nvidia video driver) . After the basic system was installed, I added other entries (security, multimedia, etc) in source.list and did a dist-upgrade again.  The whole process was quite smooth and I'm satisfied.

Best regards,
Yuwen

Thanks,
Mark