Debian stable vs. testing for Swift Linux (antiX derivative)

I recently started a new Linux distro called Swift Linux (www.swiftlinux.org).

Background: The pedigree is Debian Testing -> MEPIS Linux -> antiX Linux -> Swift Linux.  The purpose of Swift Linux is to be lightweight and user-friendly like Puppy Linux while also offering a superior repository like Debian, Ubuntu, and Mint.  Swift Linux is based on antiX Linux and requires just 128 MB of RAM (256 MB recommended) and a Pentium II or newer processor.  Like antiX and MEPIS, Swift Linux is fully compatible with the Debian repository.

Although antiX Linux is based on Debian Testing, I have Swift Linux default settings configured to download  Debian Stable packages instead of Debian Testing packages.  However, I'm now considering having all subsequent versions use Debian Testing packages, as the Swift Linux base is Debian Testing, and I'm not sure that the Debian Stable packages really mean that much improvement in stability.  What do you think?

That said, for the versions of Swift Linux that have OpenOffice preinstalled, I intend to stick with OpenOffice 2.4 (from Lenny) because it's lightweight.  Version 3 of OpenOffice has double the requirements of version 2.  I don't think version 3 would work well with 128 MB of RAM (minimum requirement for Swift Linux), and the extra space it requires would likely make the Swift Linux ISO file too large to fit on a CD.

--
Jason Hsu <jhsu802701@jasonhsu.com>