Re: To gmail or not to gmail (was Re: Fwd: selecting old machines for firewall/router use)

On Lu, 21 feb 11, 22:39:46, Peter Tynan wrote:
> On 21 February 2011 21:24, Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Maybe this is mutt specific, but if I just delete the mail from Inbox in
> > All Mail the message is still marked as unread (a.k.a new). If I mark it
> > as read and sync, then it's also marked as read in All Mail. I assume
> > Gmail takes the delete from Inbox command quite literally and doesn't
> > also mark the message as read first.
> >
> > I guess I can write a macro to remap 'd' to
> > <toggle-new><sync-mailbox><delete-message> instead...
>
> The behaviour for expunge can be set in the IMAP bit of the Gmail settings.

That's not what I mean. Anyway, I solved this with these two macros:

macro pager d <sync-mailbox><delete-message>
macro index d <toggle-new><sync-mailbox><delete-message>

but I'm considering using a dedicated key than 'd' because this is
actually archiving and map d to a move-to-gmail-trash macro.

Regards,
Andrei