Re: Xfce Power Manager popup message about HAL daemon

On 02/21/2011 08:35 AM, Nate Bargmann wrote:
* On 2011 19 Feb 12:32 -0600, Gilbert Sullivan wrote:
On 02/19/2011 12:31 PM, Nate Bargmann wrote:
Bug #612611 has been filed against xfce4-power-manager,
xfce4-power-manager: Does not work with DBus activated HAL

Message 15 in that report has a workaround:

Thank you!

I've got some reading to do. (I hurriedly tried searching there, but
failed to find that report. I need to pull my head out and learn to
properly use the search functions at the bug tracker. I often screw
up my searches there for some reason.)

An updated xfce4-power-manager package, 0.8.5-3, hit Sid this weekend
that applies a patch to solve the HAL error message.  I did not get the
message after installing the upgrade and restarting XFCE.  It should be
hitting testing in a few days.

- Nate>>

And I thank you again!

In the meantime I'm starting the daemon from /etc/rc.local and having no problems.

I'm looking forward to eventually seeing Xfce 4.8.

Regards,
Gilbert