Xfce Power Manager popup message about HAL daemon

Following routine updates on a few Debian testing systems yesterday I noticed that two of the three laptops started showing an Xfce Power Manager popup message only upon the first login following each reboot.

Xfce power manager
HAL daemon is not running

The power manager applet itself is working fine, and the HAL daemon is, indeed, running. I'm guessing this is just a starting order issue, but I think it's kind of odd.

I wasn't certain whether I should give this a few days to see if it gets rectified / file a bug report / wade right in and correct the problem manually.

Since two out of three laptops (not all of them) were affected, and the one that wasn't affected has a different installation history (more recent by a year), I suspect that the issue might be kind of hard for anyone else to duplicate and has been caused by a particular installation / upgrade history. (The two affected laptops were installed and upgraded daily side-by-side with all of the same packages.)

I don't want to file a dumb bug report that isn't going to be applicable to anyone but me, and I'm kind of loathe to do a manual correction on the chance that my changes might bork something later on. (I've never had to fiddle with loading order in Debian before, but I have a vague idea of how to proceed and will rtfm.)

This causes absolutely no apparent functional problem whatsoever, other than having to close the dialog.

Systems are all straight testing, using no contrib or non-free repositories / packages whatsoever. (I use "testing" in my sources.list, and have done so for months.)

Has anyone else seen it? Have an idea as to smartest way to proceed?

Thanks,
Gilbert