Re: Xfce Power Manager popup message about HAL daemon

* On 2011 19 Feb 08:49 -0600, Gilbert Sullivan wrote:
> Following routine updates on a few Debian testing systems yesterday
> I noticed that two of the three laptops started showing an Xfce
> Power Manager popup message only upon the first login following each
> reboot.
>
> Xfce power manager
> HAL daemon is not running

I have seen that too, but so far only on my Sid box.  The other boxes
running XFCE4 are running Squeeze.  In fact, until the latest update I
had to restart the panel manually from a terminal.

> The power manager applet itself is working fine, and the HAL daemon
> is, indeed, running. I'm guessing this is just a starting order
> issue, but I think it's kind of odd.
>
> I wasn't certain whether I should give this a few days to see if it
> gets rectified / file a bug report / wade right in and correct the
> problem manually.

Bug #612611 has been filed against xfce4-power-manager,
xfce4-power-manager: Does not work with DBus activated HAL

Message 15 in that report has a workaround:

- Nate >>